- The Surprising Way Malcolm Gladwell Stays Calm Under Pressure [Thrive Global]
- California advances an ambitious climate policy that should be a model for the world [MIT TR]
- Volkswagen Donates 2019 Arteon to Charity During Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance [VW]
- Rewriting the rules of the book club [The Economist]
- NASA 60th: The Leading Edge of Flight [NASA]
- BMW M8 Gran Coupe Concept [BMW USA]
- Grassroots leaders provide the best hope to a troubled world [The Economist]
- Even Israeli Officials are Warning that Trump's Moves Against Palestinians May Backfire [The Intercept]
- Update from Palestine (8-27-18) [OneVoice]
- Update from Israel (8-27-18) [OneVoice]
- Tokyo's Long Lines Lead to Magic (and Life-Changing Ramen) [AFAR]
- World is finally waking up to climate change, says 'hothouse Earth' author [The Guardian]
- How to Motivate Frontline Employees [HBR]
- The Democrats' Near-Total Silence on the National Prison Strike Speaks Volumes [Splinter]
- Toyota Joins Uber on its Tortuous Journey to Self-Driving Cars [WIRED]
- 4 Strategies for Overcoming Distraction [HBR]
- Let's help refugees thrive, not just survive [TED]
- Why We Procrastinate When We Have Long Deadlines [HBR]
- Google Assistant can now understand two languages at once [The Verge]
- Puerto Rico is asking for statehood. Congress should listen. [Vox]
- Jaguar Partners With Pop Star Dua Lipa [Motor1]
- Why is there a double-standard in Washington D.C. over Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez? [Vox]
- The conventional wisdom is that morning people are high achievers, go-getters, while late risers are lazy. But what if going to bed in the wee hours is actually an advantage? [NY Times]
- Apple's next iPhone event will be on September 12th [The Verge]
- We've created a library of open educational resources so that anyone can start learning, building, and problem-solving with AI [Google AI]
- Quantum Computing Innovator [Intel Newsroom]
- Ariana Grande Sings Emotional 'Natural Woman' at Aretha Franklin's Funeral [Billboard]
- 10 Hidden Techno Gems Released Between 1998-2008 [DJ Mag]
- Paul Oakenfold will be the First DJ ever to Play at Stonehenge [Mixmag]
- How to Succeed with a Startup [Y Combinator]
- This Week at State: August 31, 2018 [@StateDept]
- Climate Change and wildfires [Climate Reality]
- Chapman Promoted, Celebrated at Memorial Ceremony [Air Force Mag]
- The Great American Read [PBS]
- Helicopter Delivers Air Show Tickets to Rancho Cordova Students [Fox40]
- How to Start [@GaryVee]
- Customers will be able to sign up for Beatport's new integrated subscription and locker service as soon as it's available [@Beatport]
- Prince William's New Mental Health Campaign Will Spread Awareness In the Workplace In The Most Important Way [Bustle]
- NBA 2K19 [2K Sports]
- GT Sport | August Update 1.25 | PS4 [Playstation]
- The Story of Viper's Return to the Green Hell [YouTube]
- Every struggle is an opportunity - Entretien publié par Porter Magazine [Porter Mag]
- Many Afghans are ready for an end to conflict. Is the region? [The Economist]
JETLAG RADIO 079, 080, and 081 have been uploaded. In addition, I have also included BENKYO RADIO 005 & 006. Here are some commentaries from Verse 5 & 6 from Tao Te Ching.
Currently still reading that huge 1000-page book on Martin Luther King Jr. (Part I of III). I also finished a book on Quantum Gravity by Carlo Rovelli, I hope to see more books on the subject. Almost done reading Fullmetal Alchemist in manga format, only have 2 more volumes to go.
Listening to the new Afrojack album (I love it) and Justice's new re-release deluxe album. I just realized that Disclosure released a bunch of new singles, and that a new album is on the way. We still a long way until Swedish House Mafia's new album, but I'm glad the band is back together and can't wait for them to release an LP, hopefully before 2019. Here are my Top 5 votes for DJ Mag Top 100: 1. Jean-Michel Jarre, 2. Daft Punk, 3. Paul van Dyk, 4. Afrojack, and 5. Alison Wonderland. They are all extremely talented and you should all check out their discography. In any case, there are a lot of DJs who are amazing, and are never getting enough recognition. Really looking forward to Beatport's streaming service next year to share with you even more artists. Don't forget to check out their radio shows, DJs like Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, and Tiesto are world-class. Listening to their radio shows always motivate me to work hard, during my good days, and my bad days. I really really want to meet everybody at ADE in Amsterdam one of these days. I hope to make the trip someday.
If you are unfamiliar with the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan in 1979, I suggest you read Charlie Wilson's War or watch the movie. It is a country ravaged by war for a very long time. I really hope the different parties reach towards peace, but we must be in agreement that the future must include access to education for all (especially women and children), more jobs, and crack down on the rampant corruption which is at the root of the problems during the beginning of the 17-year war. Let us be clear, ISIS simply exploits religion. It has nothing to do with Islam. Everyone who has read scripture (whether it's Bible, Torah, Koran, etc, take your pick) understands that you cannot harm innocents. They are simply trying to further their agenda. Here is what you must realize, there are forces who believe in a future for Afghanistan, and it must take place. I implore folks who are scared of Muslims to watch a show like Little Mosque on the Prairie to realize we are not all so different after all. Stop fighting, and think of the children. And quite frankly, with Climate Change bringing the Earth to extremely dangerous scenarios by even before 2030s, we have a lot of freaking work to do, get together, and save our planet. I am not joking. The Earth is in grave danger, and we need to act fast. Al Gore has warned everyone for more than 40 years. Please listen to this guy. Nicholas Hulot was so upset that he quit his post. This is not good. We must tackle Big Oil. Let's get this done, for our sake, and for the next generation. I really don't want to wait until 2020 for a new administration to tackle this issue. We cannot wait. We must deal with carbon emissions.
I am still writing my rough draft article that I hope to release prior to the Midterms 2018 elections. We must all do our part to raise awareness. Let's take back the House. Please get involved in whatever way you can. Please refer to Senator Sanders' Our Revolution.
To every student going back to school this September, good luck! Study hard! You can do it.
Until Next Time!